General Knowledge Quiz
2 Lakh peoples played this quiz and average score is: 60%
Set - 4
Are you ready ?
Yes, I'm Ready »
[ 50 Multiple Choice Questions ]
Different forms of a chemical element are called?
- A) anions
- B) allotrophs
- C) ketones
- D) buffers
Soda water is saturated with which of the following gases?
- A) Carbon dioxide
- B) Carbon monoxide
- C) Ammonia
- D) Sulphur
Chlorination of potable water is carried out to?
- A) to remove rotten fish smell
- B) killgerms
- C) render harmless minerals present in water
- D) to remove tracts of hydrogen peroxide
Tincture of iodine is used as an antiseptic. It is a solution of iodine in?
- A) Water
- B) Bromine
- C) Alcohol
- D) Hydrogen peroxide
Frequency of the A.C. mains in India is?
- A) 50 cps
- B) 60 cps
- C) 100 cps
- D) 120 cps
During a journey from earth to moon and back, the greatest energy required from the spaceship's rocket is to overcome?
- A) the moon's gravity at lunar landing
- B) the earth's gravity at take-off
- C) the moon's gravity at take-off
- D) the earth's gravity at re-entry into the atmosphere
Modem Forensic scientists are using a most recently developed tool namely?
- A) NMR imaging
- B) Enzymology
- C) DNA Fingerprinting
- D) Ultra Sound
It has been a very old practice in India to prepare pickles without adding any chemical preservatives. What is the main factor that prevents spoilage of such pickles by microorganisms?
- A) Oil
- B) Chillies
- C) Coriander
- D) Salt
The sense of smell would be affected by injury to the?
- A) oculomotor nerves
- B) optic nerves
- C) trochlear nerves
- D) olfactory nerves
- A) the transfer of pollen
- B) the same as fertilisation
- C) reduction division
- D) characteristics of algae and fungi
A fuse is used in main electric supply as a safety device. Which one of the following statements about the fuse is correct?
- A) It is connected in parallel with the main switch
- B) It is made mainly from silver alloys
- C) It must have a low melting point
- D) It must have a very high resistance
Acetyl salicylic acid is used as?
- A) Pain reliever
- B) Paint
- C) Fertilizer
- D) Coolant
Dehydration in human body is caused due to the loss of?
- A) vitamins
- B) salt
- C) hormones
- D) water
ISRO stands for?
- A) International Scientific Research Organisation
- B) Indian -Spices Research Organisation
- C) Indian Space Research Organisation
- D) International Space Research Organisation
LASER is an acronym for Light Amplification by?
- A) Stimulated Emission of Radio Waves
- B) Stimulated Emission of Radiation
- C) Spontaneous Emission of Radio waves
- D) Spontaneous Emission of Radiation
Which of the following international organisation is dedicated to the cause of wildlife conservation?
- A) UNDP
- B) WHO
- C) UNESCO
- D) BCCI.
IRDP stands for?
- A) International Rural Development Programme
- B) Integrated Rural Development Programme
- C) Indian Rural Development Policy
- D) None of these
NPC stands for?
- A) National Political Conference
- B) National Philosophy Council
- C) National Productivity Committee
- D) National Productivity Council
What does PEN stand for?
- A) A form of computerised embezzlement
- B) A microwave oven
- C) An experimental aircraft built to test out newly developed systems for countering enemy radar and heat sensing· missile
- D) An international association of writers
- A) A publishing Company
- B) An Airways Company
- C) Master of Laws
- D) None of these
'Em bargo' means?
- A) restricting the movement of ships from and to the ports
- B) tax levied on the cargo carried by ships
- C) name of a ship of the Shipping Corporation of India
- D) None of these
A 'deciduous tree' is one that?
- A) sheds its leaves all the year round
- B) sheds all its leaves in a short period
- C) does not shed Its leaves at all
- D) has no leaves at all
- A) distribution of equal wages by the state
- B) recognizing no religion as state religion
- C) all religions are recognised by the state
- D) all religions are respected equally by the state
Pari passu means?
- A) unwanted
- B) animal-like
- C) with equal pace
- D) none of the above
Lingua franca means?
- A) the French language
- B) language spoken in one's native place
- C) a common language
- D) none of the above
What is Dutch auction?
- A) where the highest bidder gets the article
- B) where the lowest bidder gets the article
- C) it is just a roadside advertisement
- D) another name for open shop sale
Which one of the following is matched correctly?
- A) Jantar Mantar Udaipur
- B) Marble Rocks Jabalpur
- C) Victoria Memorial Mumbai
- D) Pichola Lake Srinagar
Which one of the following monuments figured in the news in connection with a fall of some of its parts and its consequent archaeological conservation?
- A) Jagannath Temple Puri
- B) Sun Temple Konark
- C) Khandariya Mahadeo Temple Khajuraho
- D) Chaunsat Yogini Temple Bheraghat
The confluence of the rivers Alaknanda and Mandakini is at?
- A) Allahabad
- B) Rudraprayag
- C) Tirupati
- D) Rameshwaram
Tower of Victory (Vijaya Stambh) is located in?
- A) Delhi
- B) Jhansi
- C) Chittorgarh
- D) FatehpurSikri
Where is the Mother Teresa Women's University located?
- A) Kolkata
- B) Kodaikanal
- C) Mumbai
- D) Kottayam
Which one of the following is NOT a sea-port?
- A) Cairo
- B) Dublin
- C) Lisbon
- D) Rotterdam
Which one of the following cities is NOT under the seismic zone?
- A) Guwahati
- B) Srinagar
- C) Delhi
- D) Gandhinagar
Unit Trust of India's headquarters is located at?
- A) Mumbai
- B) Chennai
- C) Kolkata
- D) New Delhi
The first large-scale jute mill was established at?
- A) Bansberia
- B) Kolkata
- C) Howrah
- D) Rishra
Which one of the following temples figured in the news regarding the institution of the Devadasis?
- A) Jagannath temple, Puri
- B) Pasupatinath temple, Kathmandu
- C) Kandariyamahadev temple, Khajuraho
- D) Chaunsathyogini temple, Bheraghat
Who destroyed one part of his enemy's fleet before breakfast, took his breakfast and then destroyed remaining enemy's fleet?
- A) Admiral Deway
- B) Alexander
- C) Horatio Nelson
- D) Churchill
To which personality Gandhiji gave the title Deen Bandhu?
- A) Aurobindo Ghosh
- B) C.F. Andrews
- C) Vinoba Bhave
- D) C.R. Das
A market rate of interest of 10 percent implies that?
- A) The average yield on capital is 10 percent
- B) 90 percent of the national income is used for present consumption
- C) The marginal productivity of capital is 10 percent
- D) Everybody prefers Rs. 110 next year to Rs; 100 now
All of the following are subsidiaries of the State Bank of India except?
- A) Central Bank of India
- B) State Bank of Bikaner and jaipur
- C) State Bank of Hyderabad
- D) State Bank ofPatiala
An integrated and co-ordinated rail and road network helps in the economic development of a country by linking?
- A) centres of production with consumption points
- B) district headquarters with capital
- C) National and stae capitals
- D) ports with hinterland
With the increase in the production of an industrial concern, which of the following increases continuously?
- A) Average cost
- B) Fixed cost
- C) Marginal cost
- D) Variable cost
Which of the following is exclusively concerned with the credit needs of all types of agricultural and rural development in India?
- A) IBRD
- B) RBI
- C) NABARD
- D) SBI
Which of the following States leads in commerce and industry?
- A) Maharashtra
- B) TamilNadu
- C) Uttar Pradesh
- D) West Bengal
Which of the following is at present the largest power using sector of the Indian economy?
- A) Agriculture
- B) Domestic consumers and street lighting
- C) Industry
- D) Transport and communication; including Railways
When was the New Liberalised Industrial Policy announced in India?
- A) 1989
- B) 1990
- C) 1991
- D) 1992
The term 'Paper Gold' is associated with?
- A) Deficit budgeting
- B) Currencies stillin gold standard
- C) Special drawing rights of the IMF
- D) Special facility of the World Bank
Which one of the following Five-Year Plans recognised human development as the core of all developmental efforts?
- A) Eighth
- B) Seventh
- C) Fifth
- D) Third
Self-reliance as an object of planning was emphasis first in the?
- A) Second Plan
- B) Third Plan
- C) Fourth Plan
- D) Fifth Plan
The principal mode of transport of goods freight in the country is?
- A) by air
- B) by rail
- C) byroad
- D) by inland waterways